Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Project walk way Ghana; the woman behind the hit TV show: Bertha Owusu.


banner Project walk way Ghana is a Tv competition event that was successfully launched in 2011 and ever since have made a huge impact on Ghana's TV experience.The show is designed to have fashion designers and models compete with each other. At every stage, they are given tasks, on which they are judged. At the grand finale, the winner from both sides will be awarded a huge life changing contract to help them get on with their career professionally.  My black woman is delighted to have a chat with the woman who has worked so hard to put the show together.
Have you always been in the TV and fashion Industry:
No. I grew up in the Tema suburb of the greater Accra region. I had my primary and secondary education there. Then went on to study political Science and Psychology at the University of Ghana.

How did you get into organising modelling and fashion event:
After my University, I decided to go into modelling. I registered with Phase 1, a modelling agency in Ghana. I was lucky, to have had the opportunity to catwalk for a number of companies including Ghana Textile print, Akosombo textile limited, Dark and Lovely. I also worked with several big names in Ghanaian fashion industry including; Mawuli, Kofi, Okudjato, Kofi Ansah, Nora Banamann, Karim, Safo, and Ivana-elle couture. I participated also in the regional Miss Ghana in 2000 and emerged the winner. Then, I went on to compete in the national level and came out as a finalist.

What inspired you to take the plunge?
When I got married and moved to the UK, I didn't want my carrer to just go with the wind. I started on several beauty courses with ICS. I was also so much into attending Ghana fashion events and several other fashion shows. It was then that I discovered the niche in the Ghana fashion industry for Project walk way. Initially, I was going to have it in London, but on the second thought, I decided it was be more benefiting to take it to Ghana.
How optimistic are you with the finale:
I am very optimistic. Given the huge success with the launch in 2011, it is promising to be a success too.

How do you want this show to influence Ghana's fashion industry?
I am constantly following numerous blogs and fashion websites, comparing different world fashion and style trends. So that in this project, I aim to ensure that Ghana has the platform to compare alongside the global trend through project walk way.

The event is in December, how are you preparing for it from UK?
I have been back to Ghana for some time getting the whole thing together. I am here for a while and I will zoom off again to make the finishing touches.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on lets hear your view on this.